The error hp printer driver is unavailable when you have wrongly installed the driver. Which is not compatible with the Printer, or if the driver has gone against the Printer or has the corrupted driver file which computer does not understand it, then it will show the driver is unavailable.
The following are the steps which will help you to install the drivers on your computer:
1. You will need to click on the Start button, and then you will need to select Devices and then click on select Printers.
2. Then you will need to click on add printer option.
3. Then from the Add Printer dialog box, you will need to click on the add a Local Printer and then click on the select Next.
4. You will need to choose a Printer Port, and then you can select from a drop-down of existing ports or use the recommended port setting that your computer decides for you and then click on the next.
5. Then you will need to add your driver. You can either insert the disc that came with your Printer or select the driver that you downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
6. Then you will need to name your Printer.
7. And finally, the last step to click on finish.
8. At last, you will need to run a test and check whether it is running correctly or not